Welcome, Eco Kids!
Are you curious about our world? Are you thinking about what you could do to help the Earth and ourselves? Click on our eco links below to explore, discover, and have fun! And, oh yes, to make the world a better place!
Did you know?
- • Earth is 4.6 BILLION years old.
- • Earth is the 5th largest planet in our solar system, 3rd
from the sun.
- • There is hot liquid rock under the surface of the Earth called
- • Mt. Everest is the tallest mountain on Earth at 29,035 feet
tall. (Mauna Kea, in Hawaii, is the tallest mountain measured from the ocean floor at 33,476 feet tall).
- • Mt. Lemmon is the highest mountain peak in Tucson at 9,157 feet tall.
- • The Earth is not perfectly round.
- • Earth’s air, or the atmosphere, is made of layers of gases surrounding
the planet that stays there by gravity.
You’ve probably figured out by now that you need a healthy
environment for your own health and happiness. The only planet
that we know of where people, animals, and plants are able
to live is planet Earth. Since we only have one planet to live
on, it is very important to take good care of it. Even
though the Earth is a big place, it’s the little things
that we do every day that can have the most impact.